Practical-oriented Training for New Researchers - NMT Proposal Writing for Research Grants
About the training:
The course is part of the DIES (Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies) programme of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK). The aim of DIES ProGRANT is to train younger researchers and young PhD holders in developing a promising proposal for national or international research funding (every participant will have the opportunity to tailor their application to the funding institution of their choice).
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles and basic sections of grant proposals.
- Competently use the acquired skills to write a result-oriented research grant proposal independently and as a member of a team.
- Activate the reviewer’s perspective in their writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of suitable funding agencies both local and international.
- Proficiently apply the acquired skill to act as reviewers for funding agencies.
The target participants of this training program are 15 participants located in Northern Namibia and 15 participants from elsewhere in Namibia.
- Workshop I: 13th July - 24th July 2020
- E-Learning Section: August 2020 - October 2020
- Workshop II: November 2020