Ghana - Senior University Management Training for Academics
About the training:
The training has the objective to equip academics with administrative competencies, knowledge and skills for effective performance at the middle and senior university levels in Ghana. It focuses on the development and use of Project Action Plans (PAPs) to enhance project development and management.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Design and implement innovative strategies required for managing the twenty-first century universities.
- Understand contemporary and emerging issues that affect the governance of universities.
- Acquire quality and effective academic leadership to drive high-quality delivery of academic programs, adequate management of research processes, as well as the quest for internationalization.
- Manage people of different backgrounds and orientations for maximum outputs, and minimize conflict situations.
- Develop and use Project Action Plans (PAPs) to enhance project development and management.
The primary target group of the project is heads of academic departments and centers as well as deans and directors of academic schools/ divisions.
Workshop I: 28th February - 3rd March 2018
Workshop II: 24th May - 26th May 2018
Adebayo Felix Adekoya
Nana Aba Appiah Amfo
Bill Buenar Puplampu