Colombia - Internationalisation for Quality in Higher Education
About the training:
The training “Internationalisation for Quality in Higher Education” aims at developing the capacities of administrative and academic staff to establish effective internationalisation processes, which will impact the quality development of academic programs in universities seeking the National High-Quality Institutional Accreditation.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Identify and explain the internationalization component within the new accreditation guidelines and the national quality assurance model.
- Identify strategies for the promotion and inclusion of intercultural competences in the formal and informal curriculum at the institutional and program levels.
- Design and follow up internationalization plans and activities, which are aligned to the mission and vision of their institutions and contribute to the development of the quality for academic programs.
- Design capacity-building projects to seek international funding opportunities.
- Apply the best practices learned within their context and evaluate the implemented actions.
The course targets the Staff associated with International Offices, Quality Assurance and Strategic Planning units, as well as academic coordinators from Higher Education Institutions in Colombia that do not have the National Institutional High Quality Accreditation given by the Ministry of Education, but that express their intention of seeking it.
Workshop I: 2nd December - 4th December 2019
Virtual Phase: 5th December 2019 - TBC (date pending due to the Coronavirus outbreak)
Workshop II: 2nd September - 30th September (online)
Luisa Fernanda Echeverria King
Katherine Acuña Páez
María Carolina Serrano Ramirez