Project Management as a Competitive Tool for Internationalization of Higher Education Institutions in Ghana
About the training:
The main objective of this National Multiplication Training programme was designed to equip participants with the practical knowledge on how to design, implement, monitor and evaluate projects within the context of HEIs’ internationalization. At the end of the workshop, the programme aims to:
- Develop the capacities of participants to manage international partnership projects to successful completion using PM techniques;
- Provide participants with online tools for collaboration on international partnership programmes and projects.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Identify and explain an internationalization partnership project that can be implemented at their HEI;
- Design an internationalization partnership project that can be implemented at their HEI;
- Identify and discuss the risks and uncertainties associated with the implementation of an international partnership project at their HEI;
- Develop a risk-and-uncertainty-mitigation plan for the implementation of an international partnership project at their HEI;
- Apply the PM tools and techniques to manage an internationalization partnership project at their HEI;
- Evaluate the implementation of an international partnership project at their HEI.
The target group for this training is staff in HEIs in Ghana (Public and Private Universities) who have responsibilities in developing, implementing, managing, monitoring and evaluating international partnership projects. These include staff in the International Offices, Directors of Centres, Deans, Heads of Departments and Assistant Registrars.
Workshop I; 23rd February - 25th February 2022
First Virtual Meeting: 23rd March 2022
Second Virtual Meeting: 20th July 2022
Workshop II: 24th August – 26th August 2022
John Kwaku Mensah Mawutor
Abigail Opoku Mensah