NMT Malaysia - International Deans’ Course Malaysian Chapter (MyIDC)
About the training:
The 2021-2022 Malaysian Chapter of the International Deans’ Course (MyIDC) is the second three-part programme conducted by a group of current and former deans who have attended the Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies (DIES) - International Deans’ Course (IDC) for Southeast Asian universities over the last ten years and two participants from the first cohort of MyIDC 2019-2020. The second MyIDC programme is funded by the Higher Education Leadership Academy (AKEPT), Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia with support from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and HRK via the DIES National Multiplication Trainings (NMT) for Part 2 and 3 of this programme. The objectives of the programme are (i) to provide participants with knowledge of the current trends and challenges of higher education in Malaysia and other parts of the world; (ii) to provide participants with innovative ways of thinking about strategic management and decision-making processes; (iii) to provide participants with practical and transferable skills to respond to changes in higher education at their own faculties/ schools/ institutions; (iv) to enable participants to apply methods and tools received during the programme in their own academic contexts, and (v) to create a support system comprising mentors and peers.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Understand the current trends and challenges of higher education in Malaysia and other parts of the world.
- Discuss and recommend possible solutions for a range of faculty management issues.
- Apply methods and tools received during the programme in their own academic contexts.
- Develop and implement a specific project action plan.
- Reflect on the progress and success of their project action plan.
- The primary target group of the project is newly elected Deans and Deputy Deans from public and private universities in Malaysia.
Online Onboarding Programme: 22nd February - 23rd February 2021
Online Workshop I: 26th July - 29th July 2021
In-Person Workshop II: 14th Nobember – 19th November 2021
In-Person Workshop III: 19th February - 26th February 2022
Mohd Basyaruddin Abdul Rahman
Duu Sheng Ong
Stefanie Shamila Pillai