Bridging the gender gap in Higher Education Institutions in Colombia
About the training:
The objective of this course is to empower and prepare deans, vice-deans and/or department heads to improve the management of their faculties/departments in order to prepare future leaders with a special focus on women's development within their units. The course will offer participants the possibility to design an action plan focused on developing the skills of their faculty, staff, and administrators, based on the identification of gender gaps. The goals are:
- to provide participants with innovative ways of thinking about strategic management in terms of women leadership
- identify the situation and needs of each unit in order to bring about change through human resource management to promote women's participation (career advancement) and leadership in higher education institutions
- to provide participants with the necessary tools to develop and implement a strategic action plan to enable them to implement change in their units and to engage and enable women to play a more active role in administrative and academic tasks, as well as more active participation in research projects and outcomes
- coaching participants in the creation, development, and implementation of their strategic action plan.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Identify gender and equality issues in the Colombian higher education landscape (students, academic staff, and administrative staff) and reflect and identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in their units.
- Design and implement innovative strategies required for managing higher education institutions, including permanent and frequent
data collection to evaluate the impact of projects defined within the SAP
- Learn how to use Strategic Action Plans (SAPs) to enhance project development and management.
- Apply methods and tools received during the programe in their own academic contexts and exchange of knowledge between participants and within their own universities.
- The participants are expected to introduce organizational changes within their universities
The target group are university manageers of Public (preferably) and Private Universities of Colombia. This includes:
- Rectors and Vice rectors
- Deans/Vice-Deans of Faculties (Schools), especially in the areas of STEM (where there are bigger gender gaps). We were looking for staff that can promote and implement changes for closing the gender gaps in Higher Education Institutions in Colombia.
Workshop I (Virtual); January - February 2022
Coaching sessions (Virtual): March – May 2022
Workshop II: 7th June -10th June 2022
Maria Alejandra Guzmán Pardo
Karen Ortiz Cuchivague