National Multiplication Training on Internal Quality Assurance & Curriculum Development for The Gambia Higher Education Institutions
About the training:
The training goal is to contribute to the structural development of higher education institutions (HEIs) in The Gambia and the establishment of The Gambia Tertiary Education Quality Assurance Network (GATEQAN). The training will offer an excellent opportunity for building up national capacities in the field of Quality Assurance and contributes to establishing quality assurance systems within The Gambia and between different countries in Sub-Sahara Africa. The intensive training on Internal Quality Assurance & Study programme development for Gambia Higher Education Institutions is organised under the umbrella of West Africa Anglophone Quality Assurance Network (WAAQAN) by a consortium of Quality Assurance experts and TrainIQA Alumni across the globe.
Participants will gain knowledge and skills for curriculum design and enhancement which affect the quality of education in HEIs and will be able to address the needs of higher education institutions in the field of higher education quality management. Furthermore, participants will be introduced to the Pan-African Quality Assurance and Accreditation Framework and the ASGQA which the African Union Commission has endorsed.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Understand the theoretical concepts of quality and quality assurance in HEIs.
- Understand the current developments of international educational trends in connection with quality assurance.
- Ability to design a quality management system in the context of the participant’s institution.
- Structure the Quality Assurance and set up an internal unit for quality assurance; and
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Quality Assurance Officers in HEIs.
- Use the African Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Higher Education to enhance evidence-based quality deliverables.
- Determination of key tasks of a quality manager regarding programme and curriculum development.
- Identification of central instruments for designing study programmes, and how to manage the diverse processes of curriculum development.
The training is designed for Higher Education Institutions in the Gambia for Deans, Directors of Quality Assurance, Directors of Academic Planning, Academic Heads of Departments, Chairperson of Curriculum Development Committee, Academic Staff not below the rank of a Senior Lecturer, and Academic Support Staff not below the rank of a Deputy Director.
Workshop I: 23th – 25th November, 2021
Workshop II: 23rd – 26th May, 2022
Bolanle Aishat Akinwande