DIES-International Deans' Course Philippines -
National Multiplication Training 2021-2022
About the training:
The training aims to prepare middle managers of public and private institutions for the challenges of holding a higher education management position with the potential and competence to lead in a fast-changing education landscape. It deals with current issues in strategic management, leadership, quality assurance, and internationalization, and in managing human resource, finance, research, and change using case studies and PAPs.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the current developments in the higher education system in the Philippines and in the global context.
- ain a greater understanding and awareness of their work situation and functional management particularly in light of the pandemic’s impact on higher education institutions.
- Understand change processes in the fast-moving higher education environment and effect change in their workplace and situation using a project action plan (PAP).
- Implement PAP and evaluate it during the course and to discuss the lesson learned with other participants.
- Learn how to communicate effectively to develop relationships, manage conflicts, engage in conflict productively, and work toward conflict resolution.
- Develop partnerships and networks with other institutions.
he target participants of this training program are 25 deans, vice-deans, directors, and department heads from HEIs in the Philippines, who have not participated in the previous DIES NMT.
Workshop I: 06th Novembver - 04th December 2021 (online)
Workshop II: 06th June - 09th June 2022