Enabling Internationalisation in light of the 2020 Policy Framework for Internationalisation of Higher Education in South Africa
About the training
The training aims to empower higher education leaders and managers to leverage the 2020 Policy Framework for Internationalisation of Higher Education in South Africa in order to advance Comprehensive Internationalisation at their higher education institutions. The programme enabled higher education leaders and managers to ensure compliance with the quality standards and mandatory aspects of the 2020 Policy Framework for Internationalisation of Higher Education in South Africa. It assisted them in developing innovative Internationalisation strategies to leverage the opportunities afforded by the policy framework. The NMT Committee dedicated this second iteration of the training to the memory of one of the programme’s Experts, whom we sadly lost in July, Merle Hodges. The NMT Committee decided to work with two Internationalisation experts, Dr Nico Jooste and Merle Hodges. When the committee lost Merle Hodges, they decided to bring in Dr Segun Obadire as her replacement.
Expected learning outcomes
By the end of the workshop participants are expected to be able to:
- Develop structure and content of institutional internalization policies and strategies,
- Understand student and staff mobility (including virtual mobility),
- Lead and manage improvements of research collaboration and collaborative degree programmes,
- Understand the internationalisation reporting process required by the 2020 Policy Framework for Internationalisation of Higher Education in South Africa,
- Propose new internationalization initiatives.
University leaders and managers responsible for internationalisation, including deans, internationalisation managers and coordinators, academic internationalisation champions, directors of academic support services, and internationalisation managers and administrators.
- Workshop I: 1st - 3rd March 2022
- Workshop II: 8th - 10th November 2022